If you can answer "yes" to any of the following
questions, you could be involved in a fraud or about to be scammed!
* Is the check from an item you sold on the internet,
such as a car, boat, jewelry, etc.?
* Is the amount of the check more than the itemís selling price?
* Did you receive the check via an overnight delivery service?
* Is the check connected to communicating with someone by email?
* Is the check drawn on a business or individual account that is
different from the person buying your item or product?
* Have you been informed that you were the winner of a lottery, such
as Canadian, Australian, El Gordo, or El Mundo, that you did not
* Have you been instructed to either "wire", "send", or "ship"
money, as soon as possible, to a large U.S. city or to another
such as Canada, England, or Nigeria?
* Have you been asked to pay money to receive a deposit from another
country such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
* Are you receiving pay or a commission for facilitation money
transfers through your account?
* Did you respond to an email requesting you to confirm, update,
or provide your account information?
HUNTER'S SAFETY 2010
The Tuscarora Township Police
Department is conducting Hunter's Safety Class at the Tuscarora
Class dates are September 15 & 16
and September 20 & 21. (Attendance is mandatory for all 4
Class time is 3:15 to 6:15 p.m.
Pre-register by calling or stopping
by the Police Department. Office hours are Monday-Friday
between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. The department phone number is
238-9481. It is recommended that you come to the police
department and pick up a class book before the first day of class.
Class size is limited to 25
participants. Minimum age is 10.
We now have two officers certified in child safety
seat installation and inspection. If you would like to have an
installation or inspection, please contact Officer Walt Chamberlain
or Officer Chris Diehl at our office to set up an appointment. You
will need to bring the vehicle that you want the seat installed in
and the vehicle owners manual, as well as the safety seat and the
safety seat owners manual. The entire process takes only about 1/2
hour, and is very worthwhile for the safety of your child.
ABOUT THE TUSCARORA TOWNSHIP
Township Police Department is a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation,
with officers on patrol at all times. The Administrative Office is
open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., except on
holidays. If no one is at the office, please use the phone outside
of the door which will connect you with dispatch, which will have an
officer meet you there.
website is designed to provide many useful pieces of information
concerning our department, our community, and to help connect people
with available services concerning their safety and well being.
Please feel free to explore the many useful pages of this site, as
it is still in development. If you have any suggestions or
comments, please send them to
. Thank you!